- How to take care of cutting mats?
- Always place mats on a hard, flat surface while cutting.
- Store mats flat to avoid wrapping.
- Do not roll up.
- Keep mats away from heat and out of direct sunlight.
- Freezing temperatures may cause mats to become brittle.
- Vary where you cut on your mat.
- If you always cut in the same location, that spot will wear very quickly.
- Cleaning your cutting mat > Clean mats using lukewarm water and mild detergent.
- Do not use abrasives of solvents.
- How to flatten a self-healing mat that has wrapped?
- You can flatten the mat by placing a couple of kitchen paper in the freezer until very cold.
- Place your cutting mat on the counter and put the frozen cookie sheets on top and weigh them down with something flat and heavy.
- Leave them in this position until the mat has flattened again for a few hours.
- This will normally solve the wrapping problem.